*makes a 8” square cake pan
5 egg yolks (large)
230g cake flour
1tsp double action baking powder
1/2tsp vanilla essence
5 egg whites (large)
1. Place the butter, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of
an electric mixer and beat until light and creamy.
2. Add the egg yolks, one at a time,
beating well after each addition.
Add the flour and baking powder and beat well to combine.
Fold through the milk and combine well.
3. Beat egg whites in a clean large bowl until soft foam.
Gradually add in sugar, and beat till soft peak.
4. Take one portion of the egg white mixture,
and use a hand whisk to stir well
with egg yolk mixture till combine and thick paste.
5. Slowly fold in the balance egg white
with a spatula till well combine.
6. Spoon the batter in a cake pan
which line the base with paper and lightly grease.
7. Bake at preheated oven at 180c for 55mins or
until cooked when tested with a skewer.